- Acclaimed Flop: Despite the film's financial failure, its critical acclaim brought attention to director Wes Anderson.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $7 million. Box office, $560,069.
- The Danza: Robert Musgrave plays Bob Mapplethorpe, and Kumar Palanna plays Kumar.
- Deleted Role: A scene with a then-unknown Leslie Mann as a sorority girl was filmed, but was ultimately cut. When asked about this years later, she said:I'd just read for James Brooks on Beautiful Girls. He decided not to direct it, and then I didn't do it, but that's how I met James Brooks, and then he brought me in for Bottle Rocket. I worked with Luke and Owen, and Wes directed it. I remember I had a Southern accent, and I was in a bikini. I would love to find that, just to see how good my body looked at the time, pre-kids, but I haven't been able to. I guess I could ask somebody."
- Real-Life Relative: Future Man is played by Owen and Luke's older brother Andrew.
- What Could Have Been: Bill Murray was considered to play Mr. Henry. He would later become a mainstay of Wes Anderson's movies starting with Rushmore.
Trivia / Bottle Rocket