- Name's the Same:
- As pointed out many times by author Marc Quill, Skye Emery's first name was inspired by the character also named Skye from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- "Bluebird", Skye's new nickname in Blue Skye Rising, shouldn't be confused with the Batman-adjacent superheroine of the same name, never mind the fact that both characters sport technicolor hair.
- SDI, the name of the evil corporation at the centre of Singularity, has nothing to do with the U.S.'s Strategic Defense Initiative (also known as "Star Wars").
- For that matter, the very title of the first web novel shouldn't be mixed up with the game sharing its name.
- What Could Have Been:
- According to Marc Quill's Twitter account, Skye was originally going to have both super-strength powers and energy abilities. It was said that use of the latter powers would weaken her strength. That was scrapped in the final version of the story.
- Ava Lorenz was initially going to be named "Ava Lawrence", and be only a minor character that appeared in only one issue of Singularity, until Quill decided to expand her role and change her name.
Trivia / Blue Skye Rising