- Cash Cow Franchise: Ice Age was the breakout hit that helped keep the relatively young studio afloat, mostly through a very lucrative foreign market. This resulted in 4 sequels being produced.
- Rio appears to be becoming this... at least it would if the 2nd film was more of a box-office success.
- Doing It for the Art: Whenever the studio adapts a world-famous and beloved work (Horton Hears a Who!, The Peanuts Movie), you can bet they will go out of their way to preserve its integrity.
- What Could Have Been:
- Originally, the first Blue Sky feature was meant to be a film called Santa Calls based on the children's book by William Joyce, but due to production issues (mostly the CGI animation) The project was scrapped, so Ice Age became the first animated feature instead.
- One of their canceled projects was an adaptation of The Wainscott Weasel. It was tossed around for nearly six years and then shelved.
- Was reported to have the rights to Horton Hatches the Egg, though nothing came of it.
Trivia / Blue Sky Studios