- Acting for Two: In the English version:
- Steve Staley voices Jiro and Raging Kesu.
- Hineto and the Lago Village chief are voiced by Joey D'Auria.
- Fred Tatasciore voices Szabo and the Caches Town elder.
- Jibral and Turbulent Mai are both voiced by Sam Riegel.
- Sura-sura and Kabura are voiced by Melissa Fahn.
- Jiro and Marumaro's mothers are voiced by Ellyn Stern.
- Michael McConnohie voices Yasato, as well as Jiro and Marumaro's fathers.
- Jeelala, the King Ghost and Heat-Wave Sai are voiced by Richard Epcar.
- Creator Couple: In the English version, Richard Epcar voices Heat-Wave Sai, the King Ghost and Jeelala, and his wife Ellyn Stern voices Jiro and Marumaro's mothers.
- Crossdressing Voices: In the Japanese and English versions, the male Shu is respectively voiced by the female Marina Inoue and Mona Marshall.
- Descended Creator: Character designer Akira Toriyama voices Toripo in the game.
- Directed by Cast Member: In the English version, Richard Epcar was the ADR Director as well as the voice actor for Heat-Wave Sai, the King Ghost and Jeelala.
- Multi-Disc Work: The game was split into 3 discs - the second disc started after the victory feast celebrating the destruction of Nene's flying fortress, and the third disc started after rescuing Kluke and waking up in Devour Village.
- The Other Darrin:
- In the Japanese version, the characters appearing in the anime are not voiced by the actors that played them in the video game.
- In the anime's English dub, everyone besides Cindy Robinson (Zola) was recast.
- Significant Double Casting: In the Japanese and English versions, Deathroy and his true form, Destroy are both played by Yuji Ueda and Will Matthews, respectively.
- Vaporware: There were plans for a Blue Dragon 2, being a true sequel to the first game... back during the mid-to-late Turn of the Millennium.
- The Wiki Rule: The Blue Dragon Wiki.
- You Sound Familiar:
Trivia / Blue Dragon