- Fake Brit: The entire English voice cast speaks in a British accent for their various roles, despite every cast member being American.
- Fan Nickname: Since his reveal trailer, Zangetsu has started becoming known as "Samurai Snake" due to his voice actor.
- Fandom Nod:
- The Kickstarter page has a nice little quip nodding to the odd tendency for Castlevania speed-runners to abuse the backdash as a faster method of travel.IGA has as much experience handling [a hell-castle filled with demons] as any game designer on earth, but we estimate that it might set production back slightly (depending on whether or not he's allowed to backdash).
- The post-launch survey about future costume DLC packs included a question as to what the appropriate response is to stubbing one's toe on furniture. One of the responses was to "kill that furniture DEAD!", referencing Lindsay's memetic response to Miriam accepting one of her quests.
- The Kickstarter page has a nice little quip nodding to the odd tendency for Castlevania speed-runners to abuse the backdash as a faster method of travel.
- Name's the Same: Zangetsu has no relation to the Bleach character of the same name. Nor is he an Armored Rider.
- Schedule Slip: The game has been delayed twice: First, It was delayed from 2017 to 2018 on account of the sheer amount of additional content put into the game due to its incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign, and later to 2019 in part to implement changes based on backers' feedback on the 2018 E3 demo. Some people think that Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon was released in 2018 in part to placate fans who may have started to grow impatient.
- Teasing Creator: At the end of the Launch Trailer, a snippet of the main theme of Child of Light plays, hinting content from this game will be in this one. When pointed out, the official Bloodstained channel replied as if they didn't understand what people were talking about, and later commenting that it's "so strange" to hear the Child of Light theme at the end of the trailer.
- What Could Have Been:
- The game was originally announced with Wii U, Playstation Vita, macOS, and Linux versions set for release. The Wii U version was cut and replaced by a Nintendo Switch version, the Vita version was cut ahead of Sony ending support for the Vita in 2019, and both the Mac and Linux versions were cut due to complications with middleware and online features.
- In the very beginning draft, David Hayter was set to voice Gebel, but the role eventually went into Ray Chase instead. However, Hayter is still part of the crew, he's just doing Zangetsu now.
- Inti Creates was originally part of development, and early promotional pieces included Azure Striker Gunvolt references like a spell for Miriam based on Gunvolt and a headpiece based on Lumen. Inti Creates eventually left early on (but not before making Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon) and were replaced by DICO, and they took most of the Gunvolt-themed references with them, save for the Ribbon.
- There exists artwork of two demons, Astarot and Mafeius, who were cut. The Bloodstained Wiki even has pages for them despite them not appearing in the game.
- The Wiki Rule: There's one already up and running, here.
- With the Kickstarter, multiple YouTubers were asked by Fangamer to promote the game. For their efforts, they would each get a Clan named after them for backers to align themselves with in the credits, and they would each get to design a cosmetic piece of gear for Miriam accessible via Cheat Code.
Trivia / Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night