- Adored by the Network: The UK feed of Cartoon Network loved to air nothing but the Blinky Bill animated show and The Fruitties on weekday mornings until noon from the mid 90's to the mid 2000's.
- Author Existence Failure: Dorothy Wall, original creator and illustrator of the franchise, passed on back in 1942. Likewise, Yoram Gross, the man responsible for the better known 1992 character design and creator of the 1992 movie and it's Western Animation Spin-Off, passed on in September 2015.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Robyn Moore as Blinky Bill (during the original series) and Sarah Aubrey as Tico.
- Recycled: The Series: The TV show is based on, and a continuation of, the 1992 movie (which is sometimes mistaken for The Movie, as the series is far more well-known, but the movie came first).
- Outlived Its Creator: Dorothy Wall was already gone for 50 years when Yoram Gross unveiled his take of the franchise. Likewise, while Yoram Gross himself passed on in September 2015, he had already sold the media rights to French media corp Studio Canal before his death, who created the 2015 reboot CGI film, and have a TV Series Spin-Off of said CGI film in the pipeline due for 2016.
- Talking to Himself: The first two seasons of the Yoram Gross series only has TWO voice actors (one male (Keith Scott), one female (Robyn Moore)).
- The third season added more voice actors (notably Drew Forsythe and Sarah Aubrey) for the new characters debuting at this time.
Trivia / Blinky Bill