- Dawson Casting: Averted with Jennifer. The 17-year-old Jennifer is actually played by 17-year-old Michelle Johnson, which makes for some Squick for her nude and love scenes (and required parental consent and permission from a judge to appear nude in the film). Played straight with her friend Nikki, who is implied to be of the same age, but Demi Moore was 20 at the time of filming.
- Dueling Works: This was one of two "boudoir farce" movies of 1984, the other being The Woman in Red. Joseph Bologna appeared in both movies.
- Romance on the Set: In her memoir Inside Out, Demi Moore revealed that she ended up sleeping with a young member of the crew one night. The crewmember, who Moore described as "Peter, a young guy who was running the second unit camera on the movie," is assumed to be Peter Lyons Collister.
- Troubled Production: Stanley Donen has referred to the production of this movie in Brazil as being "horrendous", saying that principal photography was marred by excessive bureaucratic requirements for personal information for the cast and crew, which Donen credited to the production being the first foreign movie in Brazil to operate under new government guidelines; endless rainfall falling on days, despite the forecast said otherwise; and the late arrival (and even non-arrival) of goods, products, and services.
- What Could Have Been: Alan King was considered to play Victor.
- Working Title: I Love Rio, Love, Rio, and Only in Rio.
Trivia / Blame It on Rio