- Acting for Two: Given the short run of the 2003 web animation shorts and the little amount of characters that actually talk (with them being Cibo, Genitalias, Metajiini, the clone of the president of the Bio Electric Corporation, a member of the Authority, the Cibo from the alternate world, the Silicon Life that Cibo interrogates in Toha Heavy Industries and the girl with the dog that appears in the sixth episode, that is implied to be Cibo) only two voice actors were cast for the project: Tatsunori Arakawa for the male characters and Asuka Aizawa for the female characters (that are all basically Cibo except for Metajiini).
- All-Star Cast: The Japanese cast of the 2017 Netflix movie displays a surprising amount of famous names of the industry, featuring big name voice actors such as Takahiro Sakurai, Kana Hanazawa, Sora Amamiya, Kazuhiro Yamaji, Mamoru Miyano, Aya Suzaki, Nobunaga Shimazaki, Yuki Kaji or Saori Hayami.
- Big Name Fan: Was once praised by PewDiePie as his all-time favorite manga.
- Casting Gag: The protagonist tries to protect Kana Hanazawa by killing Saori Hayami. It's pretty funny if you remember that these two fought for the love of one guy in two very well-known works, not to mention the fact that the MC series is very similar to the protagonist of the last one.
- Directed by Cast Member:
- The English dub was directed by Robert Buchholz, who provided additional voices for the film.
- In the Latin American Spanish dub, Irwin Daayán is the ADR Director as well as the voice of Killy.
- Doing It for the Art: Nihei says as much in an interview.The first editor from the publisher was a Sci-fi maniac and we were getting along well. My debut was BLAME!, which is a maniac sci-fi for niche fans. We had no interest in sales.
- Fan Nickname:
- Killy = Mr. Expressive.
- Cibo = Albino Girlfriend, or Jesus Chick because she had been crucified the first time Killy meets her, and she comes back to life or escapes certain death by stealing or making new bodies.
- Graviton Beam Emitter = Noisy Cricket 2.0, Limb-Breaker 9000
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Some volumes of the English translation go for roughly nine hundred dollars used. Luckily, the Master Edition fixes this.
- Old Shame: Recent translations of Blame! try to move away from calling the protagonist "Killy". Although the subtitles of the 2017 Netflix movie call him Killy, the English dub is very insistent on pronouncing his name as "Kiri", and the translation of the manga's Master Edition spells it "Kyrii".
- The Other Darrin:
- Real-Life Relative: In the Latin American Spanish dub, real-life brothers Emmanuel and Julio Bernal provide additional voices.
- Recursive Adaptation: After the movie was released it got a manga adaptation called BLAME! Denki Ryoushi Kiken Kaisou Dasshutsu Sakusen. It's basically the same thing, with a few changes here and there.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- Cibo, Killy, Atsuji, Sutezou and Zuru are Rize, Uta, Ayato, Tsukiyama and Touka.
- Fusata and Cibo are Shinichi and Satomi.
- Zuru and Cibo are Akame and Seiryuu.
- Cibo, Atsuji and Oyassan are Shiemi, Konekomaru and Toudou.
- Sanakan, Cibo, Atsuji, Fusata and Killy are Hina, Mayuka, Fromm, Tarjim and Bizon.
- Killy and Fusata are Sena and Kuroki.
- Role Reprise: Takahiro Sakurai reprises his role as Killy from Knights Of Sidonia.
Trivia / Blame!