- Casting Gag: The protagonist tries to protect Kana Hanazawa by killing Saori Hayami. It's pretty funny if you remember that these two fought for the love of one guy in two very well-known works, not to mention the fact that the MC series is very similar to the protagonist of the last one.
- Directed by Cast Member:
- The English dub was directed by Robert Buchholz, who provided additional voices for the film.
- The Latin American Spanish dub was directed by Irwin Daayán, who voiced Killy.
- Doing It for the Art: Nihei says as much in an interview.The first editor from the publisher was a Sci-fi maniac and we were getting along well. My debut was BLAME!, which is a maniac sci-fi for niche fans. We had no interest in sales.
- Fan Nickname:
- Killy = Mr. Expressive.
- Cibo = Albino Girlfriend, or Jesus Chick because she comes back to life or escapes certain death by stealing or making new bodies.
- Graviton Beam Emitter = Noisy Cricket 2.0, Limb-Breaker 9000
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Some volumes of the English translation go for roughly nine hundred dollars used. Luckily, the Master Edition fixes this.
- Real-Life Relative: In the Latin American Spanish dub, real-life brothers Emmanuel and Julio Bernal provide additional voices.
- Recursive Adaptation: After the movie was released it got a manga adaptation called BLAME! Denki Ryoushi Kiken Kaisou Dasshutsu Sakusen. It's basically the same thing, with a few changes here and there.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- Cibo, Killy, Atsuji, Sutezou and Zuru are Rize, Uta, Ayato, Tsukiyama and Touka.
- Fusata and Cibo are Shinichi and Satomi.
- Zuru and Cibo are Akame and Seiryuu.
- Cibo, Atsuji and Oyassan are Shiemi, Konekomaru and Toudou.
- Sanakan, Cibo, Atsuji, Fusata and Killy are Hina, Mayuka, Fromm, Tarjim and Bizon.
- Killy and Fusata are Sena and Kuroki.
Trivia / Blame!