- Acting for Two: The girls and their respective other selves are voiced by the same actors.
- Actor Allusion: One of B★RS's costumes is a scientist's labcoat as a jab at the fact that huke was also the artist for Steins;Gate.
- Adaptation Sequence: Character art by huke > Music video by Hatsune Miku > 5 minute PV > OVA movie > PSP video game > 3 separate manga titles > 8-episode anime series > Various miscellaneous merchandise and works such as toys, models, a web mini-game, and a Japan-only Android game.
- All-Star Cast: Holy crap. Maaya Sakamoto, Miyuki Sawashiro, Masaki Terasoma, Mai Nakahara, Tomokazu Sugita, Yoko Hikasa, Yoshimitsu Shimoyama, Hiroshi Kamiya, Asami Shimoda, Yosuke Akimoto, Kenji Hamada, Mitsuaki Hoshino, and Katsuhisa Houki!
- Fan Nickname:
- Since no official names have been given, fans refer to the strange universe B★RS and the Dead Master are in as the "Otherworld", and the people who reside in it with human counterparts as "other selves".
- Similarly, while there have been official names for some weapons, others do not. As such, the fans refer to them by terms describing their appearance:
- "Cannon Lance" for the bladed, modified version of the ★rock Cannon used against Dead Master's Skulls in the OVA. Named after its resemblance to the officially named "Insane Cannon Lance", used by Insane Black★Rock Shooter in the 2012 anime.
- "Sword and Shield" for Chariot's sword and shield, obviously.
- For the game, some refer to the Apostle Twins SZZU and CKRY as the "S&M Twins" because of their skill Sweet Chat.
- Fandom Life Cycle: An extreme case of a Stage 6b > Stage 2. Once one of the most popular anime franchises of the early 2010s, being referenced by many pop-culture anime and games at that time, while also having numerous fan works on sites like Pixiv. Now it has since fallen into obscurity.
- Jossed: When the concept of "other selves" was introduced in the OVA, fans have speculated on the human identity of Black★Gold Saw and one such theory suggested that she is the long-haired brunette sitting in the train. However, with the 2012 anime, this gets discredited as Saya Irino is revealed to be her human counterpart.
- No Export for You:
- In an unusual case, the game is unavailable in Canada despite releasing in the US (this may be an industry first). There are also several countries in Europe that could not get the game, despite the game seeing a release in the EU. Being digital-only, simply importing the title from the country next-door isn't an option for people in these countries.
- Black★Rock Shooter Arcana is only available for Android devices in Japan.
- The Other Darrin: For the RPG Black★Rock Shooter: Maaya Sakamoto took the role which Kana Hanazawa once took.
- Sleeper Hit: Who would have known, this franchise started off its popularity with a song! Although it actually started with huke's character art, it became a hit on the internet (mostly in Japan) after the Hatsune Miku music video was released on Nico Nico Douga. And that was way back the late 2000's, where Nico videos rarely even get millions of views.
- Talking to Himself:
- In the last stages of the game, Black★Rock Shooter and White Rock Shooter have a conversation before the final boss battle, and both are voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.
- In a Mythology Gag throwback to the game, Black★Rock Shooter and Insane Black★Rock Shooter speak to each other before and during their fight. Both are voiced by Kana Hanazawa in the 2012 anime.
- What Could Have Been: In the anime, Chariot's eyes are a bit more light orange than the yellow of her original concept art.
- The Wiki Rule: Has an English Wiki here.
Trivia / Black★Rock Shooter