- Executive Meddling: By issue 50 of Black Panther Volume 2 (Priest's run), it was decided to revamp the title, thus bring on the change of leads from Aristocrat T'Challa to Cowboy Cop Kasper Cole.
- Fake Nationality: Chadwick Boseman, the actor cast in the role of T'Challa for Captain America: Civil War and the 2018 Black Panther movie, is from the United States and is not an African prince.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": Although her proper introduction into the Black Panther mythos was in Hudlin's run, "Shuri" had debuted several years earlier as an antagonist in the non-canon Marvel Mangaverse line of books as T'Challa's long-lost sister and enemy of the Avengers.
- Referenced by... Samy Deluxe in the 2018 Unplugged version of "Adriano", a song about present-day racism.
- What Could Have Been:
- Jack Kirby initially pitched the character as "The Coal Tiger". The costume was similar to the one T'Challa eventually debuted in, but lacked a mask and had a much brighter color scheme.
- Another alternate cover for Fantastic Four #52 had Black Panther in a slightly tweaked costume, complete with a Batman-like cowl and Underwear of Power.
- Writer Revolt: Back in the 70's, Don McGregor was told by editorial to include more white characters. His response was famously to pit T'Challa against The Klan.
Trivia / Black Panther