- Dawson Casting: Averted. Like a certain other Canadian TV show aimed at adolescents, they actually decided to hire actors who were the same (or very near the same) age as their characters.
- No Export for You: A DVD set of the first season was going to be released in the U.K. ONLY.... but then the trope was averted when the release was canceled without any explanation whatsoever, turning this instead into a case of Keep Circulating the Tapes.
- Only So Many Canadian Actors: Noah Reid and the other actors pop up on a lot of other Canadian shows.
- Unintentional Period Piece: The technology alone solidly dates this series. The episodes "Technology" and "Nanotechnology", as implied by their titles, are especially egregious. In "Technology", Marshall is proud to have invented speech-to-text capabilities for text messaging. For a flip phone. In "Nanotechnology", the gang wants to spy on a rival and shrink down a full-sized camcorder in order to do so. In addition, whenever the kids aren't in their uniforms, their fashion choices scream early-mid 2000's. It appears that Josie's fashion icon is Avril Lavigne.
- What Could Have Been: A fourth and fifth season were planned; however, the production company behind the show closed down, which caused them to only leave enough time for the production crew to film a three-episode finale for Season 4.
Trivia / Black Hole High