- Ability over Appearance: Spike Lee cast his production posse regular Nick Turturro to play Walker, a KKK member, in spite of him clearly being Italian-American, which would invalidate him from KKK membership.
- Career Resurrection: The film appears to be one for Topher Grace, who once again becomes a publicized object of attention following his partaking in this acclaimed film and getting some of the best reviews of his career for playing David Duke.
- Fake American: Finnish actor Jasper Pääkkönen as the KKK member Felix Kendrickson
- In Memoriam: The end of the movie honors Heather Heyer, who was killed at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017.
- Method Acting: The targets that were used in the target practice scene were not props specifically created for the movie and instead were bought off of the internet. Spike Lee told John David Washington this fact before the scene was shot.
- What Could Have Been: The real Ron Stallworth had originally wanted Denzel Washington to play him, but was ecstatic to find out his son got the role.
Trivia / BlacKkKlansman