- Cross-Dressing Voices: Susan Roman is Eddie, and Julie Lemieux is Sleepy and his dad.
- The Danza: Stephanie Morgenstern as Steffy.
- Fake Brit: David Huband (who, like most of the voice cast, is Canadian) gives Morty a pseudo-British accent.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: As a thirteen-episode wonder from the twilight of Saturday morning cartoons, it's very hard to find. No torrents in sight, and while it does have an official YouTube channel, it's only accessible in the UK. It is available from Amazon, but even then it's only for its instant streaming service, and you have to pay over $20 for the series.
- Non-Singing Voice: Gregory in "Gulls and Dolls".
- Real Song Theme Tune: A cover of "Surfin' Bird". Yes, that "Surfin' Bird".
- Screwed by the Network: Larry Jacobs himself pointed this out on IMDb:Biggest reason, BIRDZ aired on CBS saturday morning at eleven o'clock, after a two hour (adult)news block.. this was complete suicide.. of course there was no audience. (the adult audience turned off CBS after the news was over)... the kids that may have been watching this network earlier in the day changed the channel already to disney or wb.. no brainer there!.. the show was totally original and had no pre-sold materials, such as books (no huge publisher behind the show to push for a better time slot)or toys (no monster merchandiser to persuade the producer to think twice) or movies..
- Talking to Herself: In the first act of "Father and Son Camp Out", Julie Lemieux voices both Batty and his dad.
- Unintentional Period Piece: Eddie has to tell Gregory and Tommy what e-mail is. There's also his repeated use of film cameras, which started falling out of favor around the Turn of the Millennium.
Trivia / Birdz