- Acting for Two: Helena Bonham-Carter as Jenny Beamen and the Witch.
- The Cast Show Off: When young Edward Bloom is singing in the church and his voice breaks, that single note that we hear is actually Ewan McGregor singing.
- Dueling Movies: With Secondhand Lions.
- Fake American: Both Edward (played by English Albert Finney and Scottish Ewan Mac Gregor) and Jenny (played by English Helena Bonham Carter). They do it quite well. No Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping here.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: Helena Bonham-Carter was pregnant during filming.
- Playing Against Type: This movie seems surprisingly bright and cheery for a Tim Burton film.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting:
- Jessica Lange doesn't look much like Alison Lohman◊... now. But she did back in the◊ 'eighties.
- Same goes for Ewan McGregor and a young Albert Finney◊. The only difference being that McGregor has a cleft chin while Finney doesn't. The resemblance is so uncanny that McGregor himself mistook one of Finney's old photos for a photo of himself.
- Throw It In!: The gag where an elephant poops right next to Edward while he's dreaming blissfully of Sandra? That was unscripted.
- What Could Have Been: Steven Spielberg was attached to this project and wanted Jack Nicholson to star, but dropped out due to his full schedule, soon after which Tim Burton signed on to direct.
Trivia / Big Fish