- Creator Killer: The film's initial release did so bad that it led to Mushi Productions restructuring.
- Doing It for the Art: The film's premise and main aesthetic themselves were very uncommercial to their core, but Mushi Productions made it anyway even if it led to their bankruptcy.
- No Dub for You: Licensed by an art-house distributor with no ties to the North American anime industry.
- Late Export for You: Released in 1973, it only received an official US release in 2016 (with the exception of a few festival releases sprinkled here and there), when Cinelicious Pics, Spectrevision, and The Cinefamily put out their restoration.
- Unintentional Period Piece: Although it doesn't take place in 1970, Jeanne and Jean's full hair, the trippy images derived from Art Nouveau, and the quirky folk-rock soundtrack make it pretty obvious that the film was made in the early '70s.
Trivia / Belladonna of Sadness