- Accidentally Accurate: In the movie, Barry is upset to learn that bees' honey is being harvested in beekeeper colonies. In real life, there's actually a controversy over extracting honey from beehives due to a common beekeeper practice being to replace the honey with sugar syrup, as sugar syrup is not as nutritional for bees as honey is.
- Actor-Shared Background: Like Seinfeld, Barry has an expansive collection of sneakers (Seinfeld is rumored to have over 500).
- Celebrity Voice Actor: Aside from Jerry Seinfeld and Renée Zellweger, there's Patrick Warburton as Ken, Matthew Broderick as Adam Flayman, John Goodman as Layton T. Montgomery, Chris Rock as a mosquito and Oprah Winfrey as the judge.
- Prop Recycling: The grizzly bear seen in a couple of scenes (most prominently when Barry has an animal control officer bring it into the courtroom so he can prove bears have a negative reputation among bees) reuses Vincent's CGI model from Over the Hedge, albeit with brown-colored fur.
- The Red Stapler: People actually looked for Ray Liotta Honey after the movie came out.
Trivia / Bee Movie