- Fan Nickname: Due to its creator, its similarities to The Hollywood Squares, and its set, fans typically refer to Battlestars as "The Hollywood Triangles".
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Although the series is intact, it has never been rerun in any fashion.
- Prop Recycling: In a way- the Battlestars Two/"picture round" bonus game was recycled from a previous Heatter-Quigley show, High Rollers (also hosted by Alex Trebek), where it had been used as Face Lifters for that show's final couple of months in 1975-76—and it fit just as well there as it did here (i.e., not at all).
- Screwed by the Network: The New Battlestars kept losing clearance to local news. Instead of being moved, it was simply canned.
- Un-Canceled: NBC killed the show in 1982, but brought it back in 1983 as The New Battlestars.
Trivia / Battlestars