- Adored by the Network: The series was only supposed to last for five chapters, but became popular with the readership.
- Fake Nationality: In the drama CDs, Haruto is played by Mamoru Miyano, who grew up in Saitama Prefecture and therefore does not speak the Kansai Regional Dialect like his character required. According to Shouoto's reports from watching the CD recording, many of the actors were laughing when Miyano tried to speak with a Kansai Regional Dialect. Jun Fukuyama reportedly laughed the hardest because he grew up in Osaka himself.
- Method Acting: During the recording for the drama CD, in the scene where Kaede and Haruto play rock-paper-scissors, Yuuichi Nakamura and Mamoru Miyano actually played it.
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: The series' name is shortened to Bara Kiss.
- The title of the series is translated and romanized as Kiss of Rose Princess on the Japanese volumes and various artwork. Viz Media added a "the" in the title, making it Kiss of the Rose Princess on English-language releases.
Trivia / Barajou no Kiss