- The Cast Showoff: Most episodes are basically written around the songs of folk singers John Faulkner and Sandra Kerr, who played Gabriel and Madeleine.
- The Danza: Emily is played by Emily Firmin, the daughter of Postgate's partner and character designer, Peter Firmin.
- Missing Episode: Not of the show itself per se, but Mouse Tales is made out of a series of short audio stories Oliver Postgate made that have only recently been recovered.
- Short-Lived, Big Impact: The show only ran for one 13-episode series, though remains one of the most iconic UK animations of all time due to repeat airings throughout the 70s and 80s. A 1999 BBC poll voted it the UK's favourite children's programme.
- What Could Have Been:
- Bagpuss was intended to be a ginger marmalade colour, but after a dyeing mistake his fur came out electric pink. The creative team preferred the mistaken colour.
- Professor Yaffle was originally to be a wooden man with a top hat called Professor Bogwood (after the wood he was carved from), but the BBC found the design too frightening so asked he be redesigned. After Postgate clicked the character's stuffy nasally voice and "Nyup, nyup, nyup, nyup" Verbal Tic, Firmin likened it to a bird, so Bogwood became a yaffle woodpecker.
- A revival of Bagpuss was proposed in the early 2010s, though Postgate's family voiced against the direction and plans to animate it in CGI rather than puppets like the original.
Trivia / Bagpuss