- Breakthrough Hit: For David Koepp.
- Cast the Runner-Up: When Rob Lowe originally read the script, he says "my strongest reaction on a visceral level was to Alex. But I was nervous about playing him because I felt the character didn't go through any sort of arc or metamorphosis. He ended up unredeemed, unlike the villain I'd played in Masquerade". So Lowe decided to play Michael, the good guy. Lowe had second thoughts and was persuaded by David Koepp to play Alex.
- Playing Against Type: Rob Lowe as the sleazy and villainous Alex.
- What Could Have Been:
- Matthew Broderick, Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr. turned down the part of Michael Boll.
- Nicolas Cage and Kevin Costner were considered for Alex.
- Patricia Arquette passed on playing Claire.
Trivia / Bad Influence