- Big Name Fan: Diana, Princess of Wales was one of him. She had even let him know upon meeting him after a concert she had attended with Prince Charles how disappointed she was that he didn't play "Dirty Diana", which was her favorite song (and which he took out of his set out of fear of upsetting her, but did include the next time he had performed in London). They remained friends up until her untimely demise.
- Content Leak: New York's CHR/Top-40 radio station Z100 came under fire in the summer of 1987 for obtaining and airing a leaked copy of the album's first single, "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," and was sued for it by Epic Records.
- Cut Song: ...This is what ended up happening to the MJ/RunD.M.C. track. According to DMC, The song didn't get finished because Bubbles, Michael's pet chimp, ended up biting Jam Master Jay during the recording process. Despite the incident resulting in the song getting canned, the group remained on good terms with Michael, and were thanked in the liner notes of Bad regardless. Run-DMC's unreleased verse was eventually released on the remastered version of their album Tougher Than Leather.
- Method Acting: To set the proper romantic mood for his spoken word intro to "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," Michael recorded it while lying in bed with the lights off.
- Milestone Celebration: A 25th anniversary re-issue was released in 2012, featuring unreleased tracks and remixes, and a bonus audio CD and DVD of MJ's concert at Wembley Stadium during the Bad Tour, with Princess Diana in attendance.
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / Bad