- Author Existence Failure: Bob Clark died in a car accident in 2007, leaving a third installment in Development Hell; Director Sean McNamara eventually stepped in to continue the Direct to Video sequels.
- Creator Killer: Bob Clark's directorial career nosedived as he continued the franchise.
- Dawson Casting: In the third movie, the babies are played by toddlers old enough to walk by themselves without CGI.
- In the second one, Zack, who's supposed to be a high school-aged teenager, was played by then 21-year-old Justin Chatwin.
- International Coproduction: Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 was a collaboration between companies in Germany, the UK, and the US.
- Making Use of the Twin: Sly and Whit are actually played by triplets Leo, Myles, and Gerry Fitzgerald.
- Star-Derailing Role: The first film is often blamed for contributing to the decline of Christopher Lloyd's and Kathleen Turner's onscreen acting careers. The second one did the same to Jon Voight. Kim Cattrall managed to escape relatively unscathed (her presence in this may be explained by her having been in the director's breakthrough movie) and Ruby Dee went on to win an Academy Award years later.
- Stunt Double: In the scene where Sly sends two of Kinder's goons falling down the stairs, you can see two obvious stunt doubles at the same time. The first time, you can see a little person dressed up as Sly walking towards the stairs before he goes to beat the goons. Then, when the first goon is hit in the nuts, the goon suddenly turns into a completely different person with the same wig.
Trivia / Baby Geniuses