- Ascended Meme: As mentioned below, the Fan Nickname for Arno and the Assassins after the E3 trailer was The Backstreet Boys, and fanon quickly made Arno an addict of baguettes. Cue the game coming out, and the achievement for doing a co-op mission being called The Baguette Boyband.
- Dueling Games: An odd example of such as it is two games within the same franchise. The biggest rivalry for Unity fans is Assassin's Creed: Rogue, which was released the same day.
- Fake Nationality: Dan Jeannotte, who is Canadian, is playing the French/Austrian Arno Dorian with a British accent.
- Fan Nickname: The four Assassins are known as the Backstreet Boys.
- Also, we have Ice-Cream Man, Greencoat, and Axeman.
- Frenchzio for Arno has become a mocking nickname for those fans who note his many similarities to Ezio.
- This gets a Fandom Nod in Dead Kings when Arno, finding the militiaman he had been chasing had fallen to his death, outright quotes Ezio's "Requiescat in pace", rather than using the main game's "Repose in paix".
- "Assassin's Creed Unity - the most British French game ever made." A reference to how the game's French characters all speak in British accents.
- Thomas de Carnellion is Black Altair, due to his Assassin outfit being a retextured, black version of Altair's iconic robe.
- For the game itself, Assassin's Creed: Made in Unitynote
- Follow the Leader: The multiple-pathways approach to the mission design, with side-missions providing alternate methods of entry and exit, and different techniques of assassinations is quite similar to the level design of Dishonored, Batman: Arkham City and Hitman.
- Old Shame: Ubisoft have openly declared the game to be this during the launch of Assassin's Creed: Syndicate feeling that it did not measure to the series' high standards.
- Rereleased for Free: Along with Ubisoft's support to the restoration effort after the Notre-Dame cathedral fire on 15 April 2019, they decided to offer the game for free on Uplay between 18 and 25 April 2019 to experience the game's beautiful rendition of the cathedral (for players who haven't already).
- What Could Have Been:
- Female Assassins for co-op were considered, but it was decided that it would have meant that something else would have been cut.
- Arno was originally going to be paired up with a young child thief, but that idea was dropped due to fear of creating a Scrappy. Eventually that idea would be recycled in Dead Kings in the form of Leon.
- The original concept for Unity was inspired by The Red Violin, i.e. following artifacts as they changed hands through the centuries and showing Paris in multiple eras. This was regarded as too ambitious but the idea survived to form the "Time Anomalies" feature and the Jacques de Molay prologue.
- Initially, Arno Dorian was intended to die at the end of his story.
Trivia / Assassin's Creed: Unity