- Big Name Fan: Ryan Reynolds revealed he's a fan in a recent tweet.
- California Doubling: Subverted, with a good amount of filming being done on Prince Edward Island. Some additional scenes are filmed in Millbrook and Caledon - which are both in Southern Ontario.
- Dawson Casting: The main cast's ages mostly correspond with their pubescent characters', with McNulty (Anne), Bela (Diana), and Zumann (Gilbert) being no older than 18-19 when the series wrapped. Fellow teenage character Winifred, however, was played by Ashleigh Stewart, who was pushing 30. Still young in general, but certainly a huge difference next to actors who were born in the 2000s.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Amybeth McNulty is naturally blonde and dyes her hair red. She however just wore wigs for the part where Anne has to have her hair cut short (as the hair gradually grows back over the season).
- Fake Nationality: Anne is played by Amybeth McNulty, who is Irish. She's half-Canadian but speaks with an Irish accent.
- Late Export for You: Season 3 started airing in Canada in September 2019, but will go up on Netflix in January 2020 internationally.
- Screwed by the Network: The showrunners wanted to end the show at 5 seasons, but for reasons unknown, they were forced to end it at season three.
- Short Run in Peru: All of season 2 was released on Netflix in July 2018 in several countries... except for Canada, where episodes were broadcast weekly on CBC beginning in late September 2018. CBC stated this is because fall viewership ratings are higher than they are during the summertime, and more resources become available to promote the show.
- Real Song Theme Tune: The series uses "Ahead by a Century" by The Tragically Hip as its opening theme.
Trivia / Anne with an E