- Box Office Bomb: The film has an estimated $30 million budget; its opening weekend take was a meager $3.6 million, facing competition from both Toy Story 4 and Child's Play. As of July 14, its current domestic total comes to $7.5 million with an additional $8.2 million overseas for a worldwide total of $15.7 million.
- Cast the Expert: Sasha Luss was a fashion model like Anna before going into acting.
- Fake American: Irishman Cillian Murphy plays the American CIA agent Miller. Bonus points for Miller allegedly hailing from Hawaii.
- Fake Russian: High-ranking KGB agent Tchenkov is played by the British actor Luke Evans while his boss Olga is played by the legendary British actress Helen Mirren.
- Follow the Leader: The film very much feels like Luc Besson's take on the 2017 film adaptation of Atomic Blonde, with fight scenes that draw heavily from the blockbuster action movie series John Wick. Unfortunately for the creators it proved unable to capitalize on the success of either.
- The Shelf of Movie Languishment: Although completed in early 2018, but when accusations of sexual assault besieged director Luc Besson amidst the #MeToo movement, the film was put on an indefinite hold. It did not receive a theatrical release until summer 2019, in the midst of a crowded holiday slate (Toy Story 4 opened that week among others) with very little spent on marketing (no press junkets or screenings for critics) despite opening on over 2,000 screens. The tell-tale sign of the half-hearted release was that the film had the previous Summit Entertainment logo (the outline of a mountain in a blue square) instead of the current iteration introduced in 2018, fashioned after the "in the clouds" logo of parent company Lionsgate.
Trivia / Anna