- Acting in the Dark: Emily Neves only got the script for the final episode just before the session.
- Anime First: From a creator best known for Visual Novels. The 2017 manga The Last Operation was made to expand upon the anime's story, presumably to add things that were lost in production. Same goes for the ongoing Visual Novel adaptation.
- Copy Protection: On the 3rd day of the first Visual Novel episode, anyone playing on a pirated copy gets stuck on an infinite loop.
- Creator's Favorite: Maeda has stated that Yurippe is his favorite character.
- Enforced Method Acting: In the English dub, Angel's voice actress, Emily Neves, was crying her eyes out while recording her dialogue for the final scenes of the anime. She'd only gotten the script just before the session.
- Executive Meddling: Originally written for 26 episodes, executives abruptly cut it down to thirteen, forcing several loose ends to be tied up hurriedly late into the series and some characters' backstories being unexplored and their issues left unresolved on-screen by the time it ended. Director Seiji Kishi was not happy about this at all, plus this decision has helped contribute to a lot of the flak this show has gotten.
- Fan Nickname:
- Image Source:
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Sentai Filmworks' rights to the anime expired in 2017, and the series was out of print and unavailable on streaming networks until Netflix rescued it in 2019.
- Name's the Same:
- Shiori Sekine is the Base Ball Bear's bassist/back-vocalist.
- Don't confuse Shiori Sekine with Shiori Misaka. (Different kanji.)
- Yui, she's the singer and guitarist in a band and plays a Gibson (Les Paul) SG guitar. Remind you of anyone?
- Char? Seriously?
- While admittedly, Tachibana is a common surname, and there are several characters named Kanade in reference of music, how about both in the same series? Hibiki Tachibana and Kanade Amou.
- There is actually another significant Tachibana hailing in the world of Key/Visual Arts. It's Misuzu Kamio whose real family name is Tachibana (albeit with different kanjis). Remember the whole thing with the wings? Probably not a coincidence.
- Non-Singing Voice: Miyuki Sawashiro voices Iwasawa, and Eri Kitamura voices Yui, but neither of them sing for their own characters, even though they have sung in other series.
- No Dub for You: The second OVA, Hell's Kitchen, released in 2015 bundled with the Blu-rays of the series in conjunction with the first Visual Novel volume, was never licensed or dubbed by Sentai Filmworks.
- No Export for You: Uses the exact same region restricting measures as Rewrite.
- The Other Darrin: A few of the minor characters in the dub had different voice actors for early and later episodes.
- Still Born Franchise: The visual novels unfortunately suffered this fate. They were originally going to be released in a series of several volumes, each having multiple routes that focuses on the various characters in the series. The first volume released in 2015 and there hasn't been any since.
- What Could Have Been: The anime was originally planned to have 26 episodes to have more Character Development among the other side characters. Since it was cut in half some of the disappearances invoke We Hardly Knew Ye, with exceptions to Yui and Naoi.
Trivia / Angel Beats!