- Critical Research Failure: After the release of Oregon, some players noticed that the police cars driving around Portland were based on the ones from Portland, Maine. This was quickly fixed in the next patch.
- Game Mod: Thanks to the size of the American continent, this game features some really big mods that expand the game by a huge margin.
- Coast to Coast features the entire interstate highway system, all the state capitals and the largest cities.
- Viva México and MexSSImap feature the states of Baja California Norte and Sur, Sonora, Sinaloa, Durango, Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, Nayarit and part of Jalisco, an absolutely beautiful Baja California peninsula, a carefully recreated Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlán, Mexican-styled overpasses and road signs, Federal Police and Mexican Army checkpoints instead of weight scales, clandestine fuel stations that sell cheap stolen diesel, some of the Invisible Wall Xs are accompanied with narco-blockades, and an early 2019 update even added angry crowds at fuel stations due to a widespread fuel shortage that gripped large parts of the country during the first few months of 2019.
- Canadream extends the game all the way to Canada.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: In a blog post prior to the release of the game, SCS showed off a fully completed Volvo VNL and an under-development International Lonestar and Freightliner Cascadia. It turned out however that the respective brands were reluctant to give them the go-ahead to add them into the game. It took over two years for the Volvo VNL to be added to the game, by which point the next generation model had been released in real-life. As of 2020, SCS made headway not just with the International Lonestar but even surprised us with the Mack Anthem. The only remaining confirmed truck is the Freightliner Cascadia.
- What Could Have Been: The original plan for the game was to have the map be at a 1:35 scale, in contrast to Europe's 1:20, under the reasoning that the huge size of the United States would require a more aggressive scale compression. Thanks to a mix of the development team growing and a feeling that the original map was a bit too compressed, the 1.5 update rescaled the map◊ to its current 1:20 scale.
Trivia / American Truck Simulator