- Billing Displacement: Evan Peters, Cheyenne Jackson and Wes Bentley are credited in the main cast despite only appearing in two episodes while Adina Porter is credited as a guest despite playing a major character.
- Directed by Cast Member: Angela Bassett who plays Monet Tumusiime also directed the sixth episode.
- I Knew It!:
- Some sources predicted that the season would involve the Roanoke colony as early as a month and a half before the season premiered.
- A day before "Chapter Five" aired, one Redditor theorized that although Matt and Shelby's survival was a Foregone Conclusion, we hadn't seen their legs in the interviews, meaning they could still lose a limb. Sure enough, Shelby receives a nasty injury to one of her feet at the hands of the Polk clan.
- Jossed: Some speculated that the season would center around Slender Man.
- Promoted Fanboy: Trixie Mattel from Ru Pauls Drag Race's 7th season, is an avowed fan and does recaps of the show on World of Wonder's Youtube channel with her friend Edward Hansen. In the season finale, they actually are both in the episode hosting an PaleyFest panel with the cast of My Roanoke Nightmare.
- Word of God: Ryan Murphy has said that Scáthach is the original Supreme, pre-dating the Salem coven by a century.
Trivia / American Horror Story: Roanoke