- Creator's Oddball: Being their only film not to be co-directed by Phil Nibbelink, Balto noticeably lacks the zany and bizarre cartoon animation of both An American Tail: Fievel Goes West and We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story in favor of something more dramatic and realistically grounded.
- What Could Have Been:
- Spielberg tried to get back together with Don Bluth to work for his studio, but Bluth didn't like Spielberg having final word on all of their collaborations. Considering how badly both Bluth and Amblimation did in the 90s, it's food for thought whether or not they'd have been more successful together.
- A film adaptation of Cats was in the works but the concept was scrapped after the studio closed. Some concept art was made public around the time the 2019 special effects-heavy live-action adaptation was announced. Amblin Entertainment, who still owned the adaptation rights, received a production credit for it.
- Shrek began development here as a 2D film. When the studio shut down, Spielberg brought it with him to DreamWorks Animation.
- At one point, Paula Abdul and Virgin Records were in talked to do a feature adaptation of Abdul's video for "Opposites Attract," which famously had Abdul dancing alongside and animated character named MC Skat Kat. A spin off album of the character, The Adventures of MC Skat Kat and The Stray Mob, was released in 1992 as a Poorly Disguised Pilot, but it didn't catch on and the film never materialized.
Trivia / Amblimation