- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $20 million. Box office, $10,442,808.
- Creator Killer: Any ideas of Uwe Boll being a credible director went out the window when this film rolled around; out of all of his video game movies, this one has the lowest Rotten Tomatoes score, being only 1% (this is the same as The Master of Disguise and lower than Battlefield Earth). Boll would continue to do major video game movies until the end of the decade, when the gaming industry got smart on him.
- Follow the Leader: A late follower, no less. It may be loosely based on a video game, but the monsters, the action scenes, and much of the plot are blatant ripoffs of Aliens, which came out a good 18 years before this movie.
- Franchise Killer: This movie was essentially the beginning of the end for the Alone In The Dark video game series, which never quite saw the heights it was at before this film's release.
- The Other Darrin: Christian Slater was replaced by former boxer Rick Yune for the leading role of Edward Carnby between the first film and its Direct-to-Video Sequel.
- Star-Derailing Role: For both Slater and Reid, who were quoted as being "washed up" by Gametrailers when they did this film. While Slater managed to bounce back a decade later, Reid has become the Poor Man's Substitute of herself.
- What Could Have Been: Blair Erickson's script was much closer to the games, detailed in this article, on the second page.
Trivia / Alone in the Dark (2005)