- Adored by the Network: Between being given the honour of being the first woman to have held both the Raw and SmackDown Women's titles, five solo title pushes, continuing to be given shots at Bayley's SmackDown title despite being on the Raw roster and most of SmackDown's Women's division being Out of Focus and getting to be half of the team that finally took the Women's Tag Team belts off the Iiconics over two more popular tag teams, it's incredibly clear that someone in the back loves the hell out of Alexa Bliss.
- Approval of God: She frequently will post fan art of her to Twitter and Instagram.
- Ascended Fanon:
- Fans nicknamed her finisher the 'Sparkle Splash', and other moves the 'Glitz Flip'note and 'Glitter Blizzard'note - and they eventually became canon. After a FaceHeel Turn, the Sparkle Splash was renamed 'Twisted Bliss' and the Glitz Flip was renamed 'Insult to Injury' to fit the new character.
- When she was paired with Braun Strowman in the mixed match challenge, fans started calling them "Team Little Big". (Strowman is 6'8" and nearly 400 pounds to Bliss' 5'2" and slight frame.) The pair soon adopted it as their moniker.
- Dyeing for Your Art:
- She was signed to WWE just after a body building routine and was dangerously underweight - claiming she weighed 96 lbs. She was actually told she couldn't get into the ring until she had gained at least 10 lbs.
- She initially dyed her hair completely purple, with blonde streaks. The colour ruined her hair, so she opted instead to be blonde with coloured hair pieces in afterwards.
- According to her, the day after her FaceHeel Turn was the tapings for the next set of episodes. She arrived at the arena to be told that they wanted her to change her hair red to match Blake and Murphy - and she had just five hours to do so. She describes literally cutting the bottom off her hair pieces and spraying them red.
- Fan Nickname: Some fans attribute a Parts Unknown for her - The University of Bliss. She was also dubbed "Tinkerbell" during her sparkly gimmick days.
- Hostility on the Set: Tensions between her and Sasha Banks have been evident for years, until both women essentially confirmed it in 2017. While the reason wasn't stated, many believed it was due to a match at NXT back in late 2014 in which Sasha busted Alexa's nose, and allegedly never apologized backstage.
- Magnum Opus Dissonance: Alexa dislikes her sparkly gimmick in NXT, publicly calling it an Old Shame of hers in various interviews. Fans actually loved the character, and even though it's universally agreed that her Heel character is great, many argued that the sparkly gimmick had a potential to be a great Kid-Appeal Character.
- Old Shame:
- She pokes fun at her attempts at ring announcing, saying she needed sticky notes on the microphone to remember the names.
- She also describes her 'Fairy Princess' gimmick as a mistake, saying she had no clue what she was doing.
- Playing Against Type: Given that she found her feet and became a star as a ruthless Alpha Bitch heel, it's incredibly jarring to believe that her initial NXT persona was a Kid-Appeal Character who wore a tutu and blew glitter everywhere.
- Real Life Writes the Plot:
- Her debut came about because they needed another slot in the NXT Women's Championship tournament after Paige was called up to the main roster. The sparkly gimmick was something she had tried out in her last promo class.
- Blake and Murphy needed a manager for symmetry against Enzo, Cass and Carmella. Murphy's actual girlfriend just being around in NXT waiting for some plot direction sort of wrote itself.
- Romance on the Set: She and Buddy Murphy were confirmed to be in a relationship in 2015 and got engaged in 2016, before breaking it off in 2019.
- Throw It In!: How her sparkly gimmick was conceived. She was told last minute that she'll be making her televised debut. Short of time of thinking what gimmick she'll use, she just went with the one she thought of during her previous promo class.
- What Could Have Been:
- Her careers in all-star cheer and bodybuilding, for a start.
- She appeared to have been given a redneck gimmick, appearing on live events as the girlfriend of Scott Dawson. She even filmed vignettes for it in a promo class that were leaked online ("have a Blissful day, girl" could have been a potential Catchphrase judging from her video with Christina Vargas). However she dropped the gimmick and had adopted a completely different one by the time she actually debuted on TV.
- Following on from the above, the Alexa Bliss name was conceived as a Punny Name from the way "bless your heart" is pronounced in a Southern Belle voice. Alexa intended for "Bliss your heart" to be her Catchphrase but it didn't amount to much. She kept the name because of the wordplay potential however. A close runner up for her ring name was 'Lexie Kaye', which she nearly went for but found it too similar to her old name.
- Before she debuted, she worked several live events teaming with Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks. Rumor went around that she was going to become a new member of the Beautiful Fierce Females, as Summer Rae was starting to be featured less on NXT due to her Total Divas commitments. These were intensified when Alexa appeared with Sasha and Charlotte as a trio of women in Triple H's entrance at WrestleMania XXX. But she ended up debuting with the sparkly gimmick instead.
Trivia / Alexa Bliss