- Celebrity Voice Actor: In the Japanese dub:
- Aladdin is voiced by film and television actor Tomoya Nakamura.
- Musical theatre actress Haruka Kinoshita provides the voice of Jasmine.
- Veteran actor Kazuki Kitamura voices Jafar.
- Dueling Works: In a weird case of a work competing with another version of itself, when the film was released in Adelaide, Australia, the Broadway version was also playing at the local Festival Center, leading to confusing advertisements that shows either Will Smith or Michael James Scott as the Genie.
- Executive Meddling: The reason that Aladdin and Jasmine get Adaptational Modesty on their costumes.
- Fake Nationality: None of the actors are Levantine Arabs,note with most of the main cast being played by Western (e.g. Canadian, Dutch, German, American) actors of Middle Eastern and North African ancestry. Naomi Scott is also British, having to put on an American accent for the role. This marks a first for the Renaissance live-action remakes where Cinderella (2015) and Beauty and the Beast (2017) had the characters speaking with English accents.
- Jossed: There was minor controversy at the rumor that Tom Hardy was Guy Ritchie's preferred choice for the part of Jafar. Whatever the case, it didn't come to pass, and Marwan Kenzari was cast.
- Missing Trailer Scene:
- The Other Darrin:
- In the Japanese dub, Yohei Tadano replaces Akira Kamiya and Toru Okawa as the voice of Iago.
- In the Latin American Spanish dub, Arturo Mercado Jr. replaces Will Smith's regular voice actor, Juan Alfonso Carralero, as the Genie.
- Anthony Kavanagh replaces Richard Darbois for the Genie's voice. He also replaces the usual French dubbing actor of Will Smith, Greg Germain.
- Role Reprise:
- Frank Welker reprises his role as Abu and the entrance to the Cave of Wonders.
- In the Japanese dub, Kōichi Yamadera, who voiced the Genie in the dub of the animated film, reprise that role again. He had dubbed over Will Smith in a couple movies such as I Am Legend.
- In Brazilian Portuguese, Márcio Simões reprises the Genie, as he's the official voice of Will Smith.
- In the Hungarian dub, Károly Kassai reprises his role as Iago.
- In the German dub, Michael Pan reprises his role as Iago from the sequels and TV series.
- Throw It In!: Mena Massoud confirmed in an interview that he and Will Smith completely improvised the jam scene.
- Trolling Creator: "Friend Like Me" starts out in the slow rapping style that many people had feared would happen when Will Smith's casting was announced, before the Genie says "Just kidding" and launches into the real song. Smith even did the rap version on Jimmy Kimmel shortly before the film's release, giving no indication that it was a joke.
- What Could Have Been:
- Patrick Stewart campaigned for the role of Jafar. He had previously turned down the role in Aladdin and has regretted it ever since.
- Jade Thirlwall (of Little Mix) and Tara Sutaria were considered to play Princess Jasmine.
- Gabriel Iglesias was in the running to play the Genie.
- Dev Patel, Avan Jogia and Riz Ahmed were all considered to portray the title role.
- There were rumors that Gilbert Gottfried would be reprising his role as Iago, like Frank Welker as Abu. But Alan Tudyk ended up voicing the parrot.
Trivia / Aladdin (2019)