- Billing Displacement: Third-billed Verna Bloom does not appear until about the 1:23:00 mark.
- Creator Breakdown: Martin Scorsese has said that Paul's mounting frustration and failure was a reflection of his own state of mind following the studio's recent cancellation of his dream project, which would later become The Last Temptation of Christ.
- Method Acting: Martin Scorsese told Griffin Dunne to refrain from sex and sleep during filming in order to get a more realistic feeling of paranoia.
- Those Two Actors: Cheech and Chong as the burglars.
- What Could Have Been:
- Many ideas were considered for the film's ending. One idea that made it to the storyboard stage had Paul crawling into June's womb to hide from the angry mob, with June giving "birth" to him on the West Side Highway.
- Tim Burton was the second choice for director after the producers saw Vincent (1982). When Martin Scorsese became available after production delays on The Last Temptation of Christ, Burton, according to Griffin Dunne, gracefully bowed out of the project, saying he didn't want to stand in the way of Scorsese.
- Lorraine Bracco was considered for a role.
- Working Title: Lies, A Night in Soho.
The Web Original series
- Missing Episode: Before firing most of the cast, a Series Finale was filmed. However, Cracked has elected not to release it as part of its attempt to keep the firings quiet.
- The crew did eventually come together to do a live script reading of the finale on Michael's "Small Beans" Youtube channel.