- Dueling Shows: Galaxy Rangers beat its Space Western competitors, Bravestarr and Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, to the American airwaves by a yearnote —not that it made any difference in the ratings.
- Fan Nickname: Robert Mandell is called "Sir Robert" and Chris Rowley's nickname is "Master Kaymo," a reference to Rowley's Dragon series.
- Name's the Same:
- Galaxy Rangers is the international distribution name for Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, as can be seen in the closing credits of its American adaptation Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.
- In the Latin American Spanish dub, they were called Los Guardianes de la Galaxia, translated in English? Guardians of the Galaxy - one fan had a great deal of fun with this.
- The Andorians, who have no relation to the blue guys from Star Trek.
- The Kiwis are neither a hairy-skinned fruit, a funny-looking bird, nor are they from New Zealand.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Shane Gooseman was clearly modeled on Clint Eastwood, Doc was modeled on Billy Dee Williams and Niko was modeled on the singer Nico.
- Playing Against Type: Jerry Orbach tended to play anti-heroic types (or just plain slimy; see Billy Flynn of Chicago). Even Lumeire was a bit of a scoundrel. His best known role was, of course, Lenny Briscoe (who was on the side of law most of the time, but not the nicest or most moral guy). Zachary being a straight up By-the-Book Cop and Lawful Good type was certainly a departure.
- Screwed by the Network: It got very good ratings, according to Robert Mandell. Just not the right demographic or the right country for the toy companies.
- Talking to Himself: Henry Mandell did an amazing amount of voices, especially for secondary characters. The Screen Actors Guild had rules for overtime, but being as Henry was a series producer and the creator's brother...
- What Could Have Been:
- In this interview with Starlog magazine, series creator Robert Mandell says Galaxy Rangers started as a straight Science Fiction premise called BETA Force. Then he showed it to Bob Chrestani at the William Morris agency, who turned the show into a Space Western by pointing out that it had "all the classic Western themes, the main one being justified violence, which is what all Westerns have been built on—lawlessness, new frontier and pioneers exploring unknown territories."
- In the initial demo reel (included on the DVD box set), Zachary's children were also captured and implied to have shared in their mom's Fate Worse than Death. The demo reel also featured different (and to this day unknown) actors playing Zach and the gang.
- The writers admit that they would have jumped at the chance to write in an excuse for Zach to sing, seeing as Jerry Orbach was a Broadway veteran.note
- Toy licensee Galoob planned to make more action figures (including Niko, McCross, Scarecrow, Waldo, and Zozo), the Queen's Mechanical Horse. and the Jet Cycle vehicle before the line was canceled.
- The Wiki Rule: The Galaxy Rangers Wiki.
Trivia / Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers