- Creator Breakdown: In 2002-2003, Adam had several high-profile legal incidents (including throwing a car alternator through a pub window when the patrons made fun of his appearance and trying to smash his neighbour's window in after a dispute between the two) stemming from his depression and bipolar disorder, and between 2004 and 2009 he pretty much dropped out of the spotlight entirely save for the occasional low-profile public appearance, leading many to believe he had retired.
- Creator Recovery: However, since 2010, Adam has undergone an intense reactivation of his at the time flagging music career, and has toured regularly ever since, got back in shape, got off the medication that was diminishing his creativity with the help and support from his GP and even released his first album in 18 years (which was also his first double album to boot).
- Development Hell: Blueblack Hussar which, while it was mostly written and recorded between 2009 and 2012, Adam had in fact been working on it on and off since around 1996.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: After his label refused to release his album Persuasion in 1992/3, it was shelved and is only available as online bootlegs. Adam's attempts to perform and release it in 2010 with artwork by Gorillaz's Jamie Hewlett seemed to fall through for unknown reasons as well, leaving it officially unreleased for the time being.
- Old Shame: He regrets performing at Live Aid:I was asked by Bob to promote this concert. They had no idea they could sell it out. Then in Bob's book he said, "Adam was over the hill so I let him have one number"...Doing that show was the biggest fucking mistake in the world. Knighthoods were made, Bono got it made, and it was a waste of fucking time. It was the end of rock 'n' roll.
- Referenced by...:
- Bleu Finnegan, the protagonist of Blue Monday, is a huge Adam Ant fan, and much of the plot of the first collection revolves around her trying to go to a concert of his (at one point, she's drawn in the costume he wears in "Stand and Deliver"). He even makes a cameo at the end of the arc.
- In Hunky Dory, Davy's costume in the finale was heavily inspired by Adam Ant's Iconic Outfit.
- What Could Have Been: He does seem pretty prone to this, as he has frequently mentioned in interviews or even attempted projects that haven't come to fruition.
- Before his 2002 breakdown, he was planning to release a new album, start a new record label, reform Adam And The Ants and even organise a star-studded benefit concert for a Patagonian rainforest.
- He was going to join the 1980s-focused Here And Now Tour in 2002 until his breakdown and subsequent legal issues.
- He talked of releasing a new solo album in the mid-2000s but nothing came of it.
- His aforementioned attempts to release Persuasion in 2010.
- He recorded an environmentally-themed EP in 2003, however his record label refused to release it, although perhaps this was for the best, as a track, a re-recording of Stand And Deliver called Save The Gorilla was leaked from the EP and has been largely ridiculed.
Trivia / Adam Ant