- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $69 million. Box office, $37,519,139 (domestic), $116,471,580 (worldwide). One of several 2012 busts to have Tim Burton credited.
- Completely Different Title: Foreign markets have given the film several different titles, including President Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Russia, Thailand, Taiwan), Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Hong Kong, South Korea), The Legend of the Vampire Hunter (Italy), and Secret Diary of the Vampire Hunter (Portugal).
- Creator Killer: Director Timur Bekmanbetov didn't direct again for another 4 years.
- The Danza: Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Mary Lincoln.
- Dueling Movies: The film was released the same year as Steven Spielberg's Lincoln.
- I Knew It!: Raise your hand if you didn't know that Henry was a vampire the first time you saw him.
- No Stunt Double: Dominic Cooper trained to be able to do a lot of his own stunt work with an axe.
- Self-Adaptation: The screenplay was co-written by the novel's author, Seth Grahame-Smith.
- What Could Have Been:
- Adrien Brody and Joaquin Phoenix were considered to play Lincoln and Henry respectively. Brody was one of the final choices before losing out to Benjamin Walker while Phoenix turned down the role to do The Master. With Phoenix's penchant for Method Acting, the film could have been somewhat Crazy Awesome.
- Tom Hardy was approached for the title role of Lincoln, but had to turn it down due to scheduling conflicts with The Dark Knight Rises. Other candidates included Eric Bana and Timothy Olyphant.
- Trent Reznor was approached about scoring and playing a minor part in the film, but the news leaked before the final decision and Reznor voted to pass on the project as the surprise element of his participation had already been lost.
Trivia / Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter