DreamWorks Animated Film
- All-Star Cast: The cast list includes Chloe Bennet, Eddie Izzard, and Sarah Paulson.
- Banned In China: The film was banned in Vietnam, and not shown in Malaysia and the Philippinesnote due to one scene showing the Nine-Dash Line on the map of the South China Sea. This line shows China's territorial claims in the region, which are disputed by several Southeast Asian countriesnote . However the movie would later be allowed onto streaming services in those countries with the offending map removed.
- Dueling Works: With Laika's Missing Link and Warner Bros.' Smallfoot, as all three are Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti-related animated films released within a year of each other.
- Fake Nationality: Canadian Trevor Devall voices a unnamed Chinese truck driver that Dr. Zara talks to about Everest, and some of Burnish's goons.
- Follow the Leader: It is the third animated film in a short row featuring yetis, after Warner's Smallfoot and Laika's Missing Link.
- Short Run in Peru: The movie opened in Australia on September 19th, over a week ahead of the US premiere.
- Working Title: Abominable was originally titled Everest before Universal changed it due to having already released a film of the same name back in 2015.
- Deleted Scene: There was a scene that had CJ hiding in a closet on the floor above Amanda and the monster after blocking the door.