- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $35 million. Box office, $28,087,155 (domestic), $82,087,155 (worldwide).
- California Doubling: The movie is set and filmed in Pittsburgh, but Pittsburgh also stands in for Virginia. A corridor in the August Wilson Center for the Preforming Arts doubles as the CIA headquarters.
- Creator Killer: This was a bad stain on John Singleton's career, as he never directed another theatrical film again until his sudden death in 2019.
- Dawson Casting: Not too bad with Taylor Lautner, who was playing his age at the time; but Lily Collins was 20, playing a 17 year old. Come to think of it, that may be the reason for the aborted makeout session (and eventual sex) on the train.
- Doing It for the Art/No Stunt Double: Taylor Lautner did all of his own stunts. He learned how to fight, ride motorcycles and everything.
- Not Screened for Critics: Except in Australia, where it was expectedly trashed.
- Romance on the Set: Taylor Lautner and Lily Collins briefly dated after filming.
- Star-Derailing Role: Taylor Lautner's chance of a career after the Twilight films (which briefly turned him into one of Hollywood's highest-paid actors) pretty much went up in smoke after this sank with critics and moviegoers. Planned starring roles in adaptations of Stretch Armstrong and the David and Goliath story got shelved indefinitely. His career since has been composed of bit parts and Direct-to-Video films.
Trivia / Abduction