- All-Star Cast: Matthew McConaughey, Samuel L. Jackson, Sandra Bullock, Kevin Spacey, Donald and Kiefer Sutherland, Oliver Platt, Ashley Judd, Chris Cooper, Patrick McGoohan, Brenda Fricker, and a pre-fame Octavia Spencer... that's just a few of them.
- Billing Displacement: Sandra Bullock and Samuel L. Jackson get top billing over Matthew McConaughey, although the latter plays the film's central character and has much more screentime.
- Interestingly, this is only true of the film's opening credits (and poster art); the closing credits bill McConaughey first.
- Fake American: Dublin-native Brenda Fricker; Canadians Kiefer Sutherland, Donald Sutherland, and Oliver Platt; and New York-born, England-raised Patrick McGoohan.
- Real-Life Relative: Kiefer and Donald Sutherland appear together, although their characters aren't related.
- Star-Making Role: For Matthew McConaughey.
- What Could Have Been:
- Woody Harrelson was originally to take the role of Jake, but John Grisham would not allow it as a friend of his was murdered by a Natural Born Killers copycat. Kevin Costner was also considered, but he wanted complete control of the project. Other actors considered were Alec Baldwin, Brad Pitt, Bill Paxton, Ralph Fiennes, Val Kilmer, and Aidan Quinn.
- Paul Newman turned down the role of Lucien Wilbanks because he found the film's message distasteful.
- Bruce Dern was the original choice for Judge Noose, but he had other commitments.
Trivia / A Time to Kill