- Cross-Dressing Voice: Kath Soucie voiced Bobby of the Brainy Bunch from For Letter or for Worse.
- Red Herrings aunt from Night of the Boogy Biker is voiced by Scott Menville.
- Dawson Casting: It's averted with the actors playing Fred, Daphne, and Velma, all of whom are voiced by actual children. It is however played straight with Shaggy and Scooby, with Casey Kasem (who was in his late 50s) and Don Messick (who was in his early 60s) playing the young versions of their regular characters.
- The Other Darrin:
- Carl Stevens replaced Frank Welker as Fred, making this the only Scooby project where he didn't voice him.
- Kellie Martin replaces Stephaniana Christopherson and Heather North as Daphne.
- Christina Lang replaces Nicole Jaffe, Pat Stevens, and Marla Frumkin as Velma.
- Role Reprise: Casey Kasem and Don Messick return to voicing Shaggy and Scooby. They're even given top billing.
- Talking to Himself: Frank Welker voicing Eddie Jones and Casmer Codwaller in Chickenstein Lives! and in The Computer Walks Among Us, he voices Dinkley 2000, Bruce Wormsley and Mr. Dinkley.
- Don Messick voicing not only Scooby, and recurring characters Jenkins (Daphnes butler) and the newscasters but also Daddy Doo in Curse of the Collar and The Were-Doo of Doo Manor as well as Horton-Doo in the latter episode.
- Casey Kasem not only voiced Shaggy but also his father, Mr. Rogers.
- Charlie Adler voicing Wender McWender and a nameless little boy in The Schnook Who Took My Comic Book as well as Gus and Crusty Baker in Horror of the Haunted Hairpiece and Mr. OGreasy and Grady Laurence in Lights . . . Camera . . . Monster.
- James Avery voiced Count Shockula and Skippy Johnson from ''Night of the Living Burger.
- Scott Menville voicing neighborhood bully Red Herring as well as his aunt, Hedda.
- BJ Ward as Mrs. Rogers, Sugie and the babysitter from The Babysitter from Beyond along with Bona Lickton, Bernice Binder and Mrs. Shusham in The Ghost of Mrs. Shusham and Mrs. Dinkley and Mrs. Stickler in The Computer Walks Among Us.
- Michael Bell as Mr. Ryan and Jay Littlefield in The Story Stick, and Mr. Peterson and Mr. Forester in Snow Place Like Home".
- Jim Cummings as Ghost of the Hooded Heifer/Hooded Heifer, Coolsville Comet and Herbert Blaum in Wrestling Maniacs".
- Technology Marches On: Despite the show supposedly taking place in the early 60s, when the gang was younger prior to the original Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? premiering in 1969, some late 80s/early 90s technology was present. Velma often would type data in a large computer that would pop out of a briefcase, and Daphne could be seen with a cell phone (which was quite rare to see back then, but much more common today.)
- What Could Have Been: Originally during production producer Tom Ruegger wanted Velma to say nothing but the word "Jinkies" throughout the entire series. After the first episode, new story editors were brought onboard to write episodes and decided to have Velma say more than just "Jinkies" which Ruegger thought would have made her more memorable.
- Word of God: Scooby's two brothers names' had been a passed around joke studio wise (Scooby Doo has a brother named Howdy Doo?), but turned into actual characters for a cameo.
Trivia / A Pup Named Scooby-Doo