- Acclaimed Flop: The 2017 film adaptation barely broke even at the box office, earning ₱29 million despite critical acclaim. Well, considering how mainstream entries at the Metro Manila Film Festival like Gandarrapiddo! The Revenger Squad do appeal more to the masa than what is perceived to be too highbrow, it isn't surprising.
- California Doubling: The 2017 film was set in Intramuros, Manila, but while the Our Lady of La Naval procession scene was shot in Intramuros itself, those set inside the walls were filmed in Taal, Batangas.
- Casting Gag: Rachel Alejandro later went on to be cast as Doña Aurora Quezon in the 2019 Biopic Quezon's Game. This trope was probably in effect there because she would be playing a character fairly similar in many respectsa high-society Manila woman on the eve of World War II.
- Memetic Mutation: "A tisket, a tasket! Ipasok mo sa basket!" ("A tisket, a tasket! Now put it in the basket!")
- Role Reprise: Rachel Alejandro first played Paula in the initial 1997 staging of Ang Larawan. Twenty years later she returns to play the same role onscreen. The book compilation of the original English play, along with both Ang Larawan stage and screen versions, notes that Rachel was rather too young for the role of Paula in 1997, but by the time of the movie, she is now closer to Paula's age.
Trivia / A Portrait of the Artist as Filipino