- Box Office Bomb: Budget, unknown. Box office, $6,029,824.
- Creator Backlash: Blake Edwards claimed to not remember much about the process of making the movie and told people not to see it. They listened. The critics didn't like it either.
- Executive Meddling/Screwed by the Network/What Could Have Been: Originally intended as a heavily improvised homage to Laurel and Hardy's 1932 short The Music Box with Richard Pryor and Burt Reynolds as the leads, in the spirit of Edwards' The Party. Problems with the studio are among the reasons why it eventually turned into the scripted chase comedy that was released.
- Fake Nationality: A Cuban playing an Italian.
- Real-Life Relative: Ellen is played by director Blake Edwards' daughter.
Trivia / A Fine Mess