- AFI's 100 Years 100 Laughs: #59
- Cut Song: "A Message from the Man in the Moon", which was to have been sung in the film by Allan Jones, remained only in the instrumental party music and a couple of lines sung by Groucho Marx in the movie's Reprise Medley finale.
- List of Films You Should See By the Age of 14: #17
- What Could Have Been:
- There was originally a song that echoed 'Hurray for Captain Spaulding' entitled "Dr. Hackenbush" (written by "Spaulding" songwriters Bert Kalmar and Harry Ruby). However, it was decided that something needed to be cut and Groucho Marx volunteered this song. He came to regret this decision and in later years often sang the song at gatherings.
- The then-unknown British actress Greer Garson was offered the female role, but she declined, explaining she didn't settle for less than a leading role.
Trivia / A Day at the Races