- Characters in the Nasuverse tend to have notable ones:
- Fate/stay night gives us Kirei Kotomine and extremely spicy mapo doufu. Given that he's a sadist, it makes for a rather amusing Villains Out Shopping moment.
- Fate/Zero gives us Kiritsugu (who is essentially a '90s Anti-Hero) and his hamburgers (or hamburger steaks, which is a different food), because they give him a "sense of slaughter".
- Carnival Phantasm gives us Saber Alter and burgers. This carries over to Fate/Grand Order.
- Tsukihime. Ciel. Anything curry. That is all.
- Fate/Grand Order: Turns out that Hijikata Toshizo really likes takuan/pickled radish, even if other Shinsengumi members got sick of the smell. He buys it by the barrels. Which makes for an interesting sight if he's drawn with the other incarnation of Hijikata who's obsessed with mayonnaise.
- A lot of the other Servants will also mention a favorite food in their My Room dialogue. (Arash, for instance, likes hummus.)
- Akira from Togainu no Chi and his omelette-rice flavored solids.
- Ace Attorney:
- Maya: Though she's an all-around Big Eater, Maya is especially fond of ramen, which was localized into the English version as "burgers". The difference in favorite foods between regions is humorously pointed out in a yonkoma from the Official Casebook fan-manga collection, in which Maya remarks that she could really go for a burger, but she's forced to eat ramen as well "for the sake of Maya fans around the world". Spirit of Justice pokes more fun at it, with Maya commenting that she wants some ramen when they get back to the States, then suddenly changing her mind and saying she wants a burger. Then finally settles on a bowl of ramen with a hamburger patty on top.
- Ema Skye: Karintou Snackoos. (Pictured. They make good projectiles too!)
- Gumshoe: Instant noodles. (Though this has less to do with how much he likes it so much that it's some of the only food he can afford.)
- Missile: Samurai dogs.
- Maggey Byrde: Hot dogs.
- Trucy Wright: Vanilla Pudding.
- Hatoful Boyfriend:
- Oko San, star pigeon of the track team, has an obsession with pudding. Not just any pudding, though: only the legendary True Pudding will do. Inferior varieties are a Berserk Button. He even literally crashes a party in search of it. If you get his extended ending in the paid version of the game, Oko San becomes a god of pudding. He has a Tumblr, which is predominated by pudding pictures and recipes offered by his fans.
- The heroine tells Sakuya that her favorite food is udon along the course of his route, in response to him asking her what she loves. Though the game itself begins with her telling Ryouta she can't sit still in class unless she's had some red meat, in Holiday Star she cheerfully tells Ryouta that she eats udon every day, only going without once every six months or so. He replies that she must not like it as much as he thought; he expected her udon-less days to be once every three years.
- A Valentine's-equivalent holiday revolves around giving the bird of the heroine's affection the kind of seeds that they like.
- Katawa Shoujo:
- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc:
- When They Cry:
- The inhabitants of Mogeko Castle are obsessed with prosciutto. Yonaka can find packages of the stuff everywhere, and they actually have a religion based around it. Lord Prosciutto forgives the sins of all Mogeko, apparently.
- Fleuret Blanc: Judge Grams really loves ginger, and by God so will you. Even FOIL's energy drinks are ginger flavored. This ties into a Stealth Pun: she has a soft spot for "gingers" — that is, redheads.
- Shall We Date?: Ninja Shadow:
- Another Code: Ashley and her dad both have a Sweet Tooth, one of the few things they can relate to each other about. Specifically, Richard is a chocoholic and one of his desk drawers at work is filled with chocolate bars.
- Kubitarou from Spirit Hunter: NG loves manju, and offering some to her is suspected to be one of the ways to summon and/or pacify her.
Trademark Favorite Food / Visual Novels