Inside a block of sandstone is a map to discover a tribe. When the tribe is found, a digging tool reveals a skeleton treasure hunter, their weapon, and a mystery treasure. While most of the treasures are plastic, a heavy draw of the series is the chance for the treasure to be dipped in real gold.
Series 2 introduced the Mini Beasts to the line, small skeletal animals that resemble the treasure hunters. Series 3 would later introduce the Aliens subline. Instead of cutting through sandstone, its a slimy alien worm, with a peridot instead of gold at stake.
An Animated Adaptation exists on the channels YouTube account, focusing on the adventures of Parker, a teen who is sucked into the realm of the treasure hunters to help them collect the golden treasures and keep them from Exis.
Treasure X provides examples of:
- Amusing Injuries: Thanks to the majority of the characters being skeletons that can reattach their limbs and heads when needed, they get into a variety of pratfalls.
- Big Bad: Exis. His goal is to combine all the golden treasures to become unstoppable. Hes such a threat of a villain that hes known through various dimension lands.
- Bones Do Not Belong There: Some Mini Beasts include skeletal insects and spiders, where they would have an exoskeleton in reality.
- Call a Human a "Meatbag": The skeletons nearly constantly call Parker a squishy skinbag. The heroes mean it in an affectionate way, while its pure malice out of Exiss mouth.
- Dem Bones: A majority of the treasure hunters are living skeletons. In this case, theyve always been skeletons, all through their lives.
- Everything Makes a Mushroom: In the case of Nukloud, he is a mushroom cloud.
- Expressive Skull: The skeleton treasure hunters, while not being able to move their mouths into expressions, are still able to emote through their eye sockets.
- Friendly Skeleton: A majority of the skeleton treasure hunters are heroic and kind characters, focusing on keeping the Golden Treasures away from Exis and his team.
- Gold Makes Everything Shiny: The big treasure draws are gold-plated, giving them a shiny glow both in the context of the series and the rare toy treasures themselves.
- Gotta Catch Them All: The plot of the first and second webseries dictates the treasure hunters in collecting the Golden Treasures before Exis can, preventing him from taking over.
- Involuntary Dance: Being cut with the Boogie Briars spikes causes the victim to dance against their control.
- The first and third seasons of the webseries contain a skeleton army raised by Exis as his lackeys. They lack their bottom jaws, and through the Golden Pyramids power, its revealed that they dont really want to be evil, and their true selves are kind and pacifistic.
- The second season has a mass amount of Treasure Orcs as the Apexia versions of Exiss minions. Through an incident, Gold Spell accidentally also raises an army of undead Treasure Orcs that are just as dangerous.
- Pulling Themselves Together: The skeletons of Xeo and Apexia are able to pull their limbs and heads out of their sockets. A lot of times they end up with the wrong limbs in the end when they try to piece themselves back together. The lack of this ability is considered a quirk of Rexia's world.
- SkeleBot 9000:
- Cybergold of the Treasurebots is a fully robotic skeleton. Unlike the other treasure hunters, his weapon is part of his body, rather than being held.
- Bling Sting, being Cybergolds Mini Beast counterpart, is a gold robotic scorpion skeleton, despite the fact that an actual scorpion would have an exoskeleton instead.
- Starfish Aliens:
- The Alien treasure hunters are an odd mish-mash of components, so they all look different and weird. These include multiple limbs, multiple eyes, multiple heads, and even one thats just a living mushroom cloud.
- The aliens that swallowed the treasure hunters, meanwhile, are odd tube-like worms with tentacles for limbs and tails.
- Token Human: Parker is the only major human character in the series, due to being pulled from his world into the treasure hunters realms.
- Toyless Toyline Character:
- Parker, despite being a major character in the webseries, only exists in the webseries, thanks to being a human instead of a skeleton or alien.
- Exiss skeleton army only exists in the webseries.
- Exis himself was a case of this for a while. He debuted in the first episode of the show, but didnt release in the toyline until the third series.
- Uncatty Resemblance: The Mini Beasts each have a treasure hunter that they represent, often through their accessories and species type.
- Weapon Specialization: Each treasure hunter has a weapon that fits their personality and tribe. Theyre always golden, fitting the treasure motif.
- We Used to Be Friends: Blade and Goldenstar were best friends in childhood that trained in the same dojo. A falling out between the two of them caused Goldenstar to go to the villains side, though its hinted that he still harbors some friendly feelings with Blade that he wants to rekindle.