30 Minutes Missions is a model kit series developed by Bandai. It consists of mass-produced mecha units with modular runner placements, interchangeable parts and limitless possibilities of customization. True to its name, all the kits can be built in approximately 30 minutes, and the 30mm adapters are compatible with all of the previous High Grade model kits developed by Bandai, allowing the players to create their own Ace Custom units from scratch.
Several decades have passed since a mysterious incident known as "Skyfall", when a space transition gate known as the "Gate" appeared on the Earth orbit.
Wars and conflicts are still happening around the world, but a new weapon has changed the ways of modern combat. The weapon in question is the Extended Armament & Module Assemble & Combine System, also known as the EXAMACS, a type of mass-produced mecha unit with modular and interchangeable parts, allowing them to adapt to various environments and situations easily. The introduction of the EXAMACS has drastically changed the military balance of the world.
At the end of the year 2XXX, the same space transition gate has appeared again above the Earth orbit.
As the Gate appears, an alien race known as the Byron suddenly emerges from the Gate and attacks every nation on Earth with the Portanova units, a series of mecha units similar to the EXAMACS.
The nations of the world decide to form the Earth Alliance Force to fend off the Byron Army.
This work provides examples of:
- Ace Custom: Even though the units are meant to be mass-produced units, you can attach various armor parts and weapons to build your own unique unit.
- Humongous Mecha: The kits are in 1/144 scale like the rest of the High Grade model kits made by Bandai, meaning that they're almost as tall as a Mobile Suit.
- Mecha Expansion Pack: The Option Armor and Option Weapon sets provide additional armor parts and weapons for your EXAMACS units. They also happen to be literal expansion packs as they are sold separately.
- Mook Mobile: The major selling point of the series is that you can easily build an army of mass-produced grunt units, taking 30 minutes or less per unit if you skip the panel lining and painting.
- Palette Swap: The EXAMACS units and Option Armor parts are available in various different colors, allowing you to mix-and-match the color palettes if you have multiple kits with different colors.
- Significant Monogram: 30 Minutes Missions abbreviates to 30MM, which also stands for 30 millimeters—the size of the adapters.
- Spiritual Successor: The idea of interchangeable sci-fi weaponry that attaches to the figures recalls the American toy line Centurions, as well as Mecha Musume franchises such as Busou Shinki, Frame Arms Girls and Megami Device.