SD Gundam...but even more Super-Deformed! SD Gundam Chibi Senshi (SDガンダム ちーびー戦士) is a line of Gunpla kits that ran from 1992 to 1994, and featured characters from the Super G-ARMS, Musha Gundam, Knight Gundam, and Gundlander series. The main gimmick about this line was that they were smaller than even your typical SD Gundam kit, being around 45mm in height.
The figures in the toyline include:
- Gun Fire Jr.
- Burning Knight F91 Jr.
- Captain Gundam FF Jr.
- Knight Gundam GP01 Jr.
- Star Gundam GP01 Jr.
- Knight Gundam GP03 Jr.
- Super Dragon Guardian Formulander Jr.
- Captain Formula 91 Jr.
- Captain Neo Gundam Jr.
- Tonosama Gundam EX Jr.
- Holy Dragon Knight Zero Gundam Jr.
Tropes associated with SD Gundam Chibi Senshi are:
- Super-Deformed: Even more so than usual. Like, the models are about a big as an eraser.
- Non-Indicative Name: No, the "Jr." in the Gundams names does not mean they are the offspring of those characters. They are the little devils themselves, just smaller.
- Palette Swap: The toyline released three multipacks that featured "Crystal" versions of the Gundam. They were just transparent plastic re-releases with different color schemes.