Moxie Girlz was a line of fashion dolls introduced by MGA Entertainment in 2009. These dolls are targeted at girls ages 6+. The four original 10.6-inch dolls are named Lexa, Bria, Avery, and Sophina, with others named Kellan, Monet, Merin, Ida, and Amberly.
The Moxie dolls are reminiscent of Bratz, having the distinct pop on/off feet and long hair, but with features consisting of large eyes and proportioned noses and mouths fitting to their head-size. Moxie Girls were meant to replace Bratz, given that Mattel sued MGA over the original design. However, Bratz returned to the market in August 2010.
Unlike the original dolls, the Moxie teenz girls stand at fourteen inches tall and they tower over most other playline dolls. They feature glass eyes, articulating joints and removable hair for wig styling. The Teenz are a companion line to the Girlz aimed at older girls.
As of 2014, it appears both doll lines are discontinued.
The Moxie Girlz series contains examples of:
- Extracurricular Enthusiast: Avery, who partakes in her school's volleyball team, heads the rock-climbing club, and often prefers to spend her time actively in the outdoors.
- The Confidant: Sophina to her friends, being the thoughtful quiet one of the group.
- Fun Personified: Lexa, the jokester among the group.
- Ms. Imagination: Sophina, The Storyteller among the Moxie Girlz.
- Motor Mouth: Bria, who is described as being intelligent, but talkative to a fault.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Lexa, a tomboyish skateboarder who also happens to be a cheerleader.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Sophina, who seeks world peace and harmony among herself and the environment.
The Moxie Teenz series contains examples of:
- The Fashionista: Tristan, who currently has a coveted apprenticeship with a top designer and hopes to travel throughout the world's fashion capitals.
- Forgetful Jones: Word of God says that Tristan isn't very good with time management.
- Granola Girl: Bijou, a world-class health nut.
- Omniglot: Tristan speaks several languages fluently and plans to use this to her advantage once she initiates her career as a fashion designer.
- Performance Artist: Arizona is usually off to auditions during weekday morning and she takes grueling dance and voice lessons in the evenings.
- Soapbox Sadie: Melrose is a brainy, politically aware college student who hosts her own podcast to share her opinions regarding life.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist:
- Bijou dreams of saving the world one person at a time by helping to feed hungry people everywhere.
- Melrose's strong political views and opinions place her within this trope. She wants to live in a better world and improve the world for others' sake.