They can, however, make rather tricky gifts. I mean, who wants to get or give chlamydia for Christmas? If you are looking for the monster type, see Mega-Microbes.
Tropes associated with this toy include:
- Animate Body Parts: Basically organs, cells, and pathogens with a pair of eyes.
- Dualvertisement: Two so far, fittingly with Plague Inc. and Cells at Work!.
- Everything's Better with Plushies: Their raison d'être.
- No Mouth: Just a pair of big, adorable plastic eyes.
- Only Six Faces: Given how similar-looking many bacteria or viruses are, there are several palette swaps (ex. Cold/HIV/Hepatitis) and designers need to use some Artistic License with certain designs, such as Flesh Eating Disease having a fork and knife, Mad Cow Disease being patterned like a Holstein, and West Nile and Dengue Fever having Egyptian eye markings.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The egg cell and the sperm cell wear a pink and blue hairbow respectively.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: They're all adorable.
- Sperm as People: You can get a Sperm Cell plush.
- Talking Poo: A Poop plush with eyes!