- Sugarman's Sugarcube Company is founded. Its unknown if Joseph Sugarman himself founded it or inherited it from another family member
- Crackerjack Sugarman is born to Joseph and Honey Sugarman, the former of whom owns the prestigious Sugarman Sugarcube Company.
- Butterscotch Horseman is born. His mother dies a few years later.
- Beatrice Sugarman (later Horseman) is born.
- Summertime: Crackerjack Sugarman leaves his family to fight in World War II. He is killed in action sometime during the winter, sending Honey in a state of depression.
- August 15 or September 2: WWII ends. After experiencing an episode of hysteria at a nearby celebration that threatened both herself and her daughter Beatrice, Honey Sugarman undergoes a lobotomy. She tells a traumatized Beatrice to never love anyone as much as she loved Crackerjack.
- Fall: Beatrice catches scarlet fever, which leads to her father burning her belongings, including her baby doll, the latter of which traumatizes her along with her father telling to control her "womanly emotions" or shell end up like her mother.
- Secretariat is born.
- August 12: Princess Carolyn's mother, Cutie Cutie Cupcake, is born.
- Beatrice attends Barnard University.
- Beatrice earns her bachelors degree at Barnard, much to the disappointment of her father, who only sent her there to find a husband.
- (Unknown date): Herb Kazzaz is born
- June 14-15note : Beatrice Sugarman has her debutante ball, while her father aims to marry her off to Corbin Creamerman, heir to Creamermans Creamy Commodities. However, she meets party crasher and aspiring writer Butterscotch Horseman at the bar, and she sneaks out to leave with him and they have sex in his car at a lookout point.
- Two weeks after their affair, Beatrice discovers shes pregnant during a second date with Corbin by throwing up on him just as she began to develop a connection to him. She finds Butterscotch, and after she refuses an abortion (due to remembering the trauma of her burned baby doll), the two leave for San Francisco and marry shortly afterwards.
- A necklace is sold at a J.C. Penny's store. Princess Carolyn would later receive this necklace from her mother, who claimed that it was a priceless family heirloom made of gold, and had belonged to her family since before their immigration to the United States.
- January 2: BoJack Horseman is born. Beatrice and Butterscotchs marriage quickly falls apart, and would begin to take their bitterness out on their son.
- Charlotte Moore (later Carson) is born.
- August 20: Mr Peanutbutter is born.
- Butterscotch Horseman reluctantly agrees to work for Sugarman Sugar Cube Factory after constant insistence from Beatrice.
- Secretariat agrees with President Nixon to send the formers brother, Jeffretariat, to fight in Vietnam in place of him.
- June 09: Secretariat wins the Triple Crown.
- July: A nine year old BoJack writes a letter to Secretariat, asking how to not be sad. When Secretariat appears on The Dick Cavette Show, he is read the letter, and he tells BoJack to never look back and just keep running and looking ahead. Unfortunately, BoJack did not get to hear this as his parents began loudly arguing during this.
- August 22: Secretariat commits suicide at the age of 27 by jumping off the George Rogers Clark Memorial Bridge in Louisville, shortly after being banned from racing for life for betting on his own races, and due to the news of the death of Jeffretariat.
- June 6: Princess Carolyn is born as the runt in a litter of twelve in Eden, North Carolina.
- A teenage Bo Jack goes to a party and gets drunk while trying to fit in. He becomes the life of the party but upsets Katie, a girl who he had mutual feelings with, and she leaves crying.
- March 3: Jessica Biel is born
- March 19: Diane Nguyen is born
- Sarah Helmulfarb, better known as Sarah Lynn, is born.
- Dianes parents name her after the character Diane Chambers from Cheers.
- BoJack meets Herb Kazzaz (and later his girlfriend Charlotte) early in his career, while performing comedy at clubs in Los Angeles.
- Network executive Wanda Pierce falls into a coma
- Horsin Around first airs on ABC. This situational comedy, featuring a bachelor horse who adopts three human children, runs for nine seasons. The titular Horse becomes the best-known role of BoJack Horseman.
- BoJack begins drinking spiked orange juice after being offered by hair and makeup lady Sharona.
- Mr. Peanutbutter graduates from Northwestern University
- Beatrice comes to a live taping of Horsin Around. She isnt impressed.
- Mr. Peanutbutter marries Katrina.
- April 15: Todd Chavez is born.
- The show Mr. Peanutbutters House debuts. A knock-off of Horsin Around, it is Mr. Peanutbutters first major role as an actor.
- BoJack Horseman is removed from the Golden Globes ceremony after exchanging blows with Paul McCartney.
- *An eighteen year old Princess Carolyn is impregnated by Cooper Thomas Rogers Wallace Jr., the son of the wealthy family her mother works as a live in maid for. She miscarries, and leaves to attend UCLA in California, becoming an intern at talent agency Vigor for Marv Sbarbori.
- May 21-June 21: Pickles Aplenty is born.
- October 31st: Mr. Peanutbutter shows up at BoJack Horseman's house uninvited with his wife Katrina and a Halloween party begins. While there, Princess Carolyn is put on door duty, and Katrina keeps being left alone by Mr. Peanutbutter when she keeps asking him not too. At one point she is left alone with Ben Stein and Tim Allen to discuss politics, which she takes interest in. She finally snaps at Mr. Peanutbutter for him constantly ditching her, which ends the party and severely hurts their relationship.
- BoJack has a chance of playing the lead role of Secretariat
- Herb Kazazz is outed as being gay after being arrested for performing lewd acts in public with another man. BoJack agrees to threaten to leave when they fire him (Herb), but network executive Angela Diaz convinces BoJack to betray Herb and save his own career, especially when she brings up Secretariat (which ended up going into development hell)
- Hank Hippopopalous wins the 1994 Animal Choice Award for Male Animal in a Comedy, Drama, or Variety Show, beating out both BoJack Horseman and Mr. Peanutbutter. Mr. Peanutbutter brings Katrina as his date. They are divorced shortly afterwards.
- Danny Bananas takes over as show runner for Horsin' Around
- A ten year old Sarah Lynn gets drunk from BoJacks vodka left in an unmarked water bottle, after she is left alone in his dressing room (she wanted Sharona to cut her hair in there because her stepdad was being weird"). Danny convinces BoJack to let Sharona take the fall, and Sharona is fired.
- Horsin Around ends after nine seasons. The Horse dies of a broken heart because the orphans didnt appreciate him enough.
- A sixteen year old Diane becomes pen pals with someone named Leo. Unbeknownst to her, "Leo" was actually her brothers pulling a mean prank on her, and they paid a hobo pretending to be Leo to take her to the homecoming dance. They recorded it, including Diane breaking down crying, which led them to dub it the "Cry-ane video" and they now watch it everyday and use it to mock her.
- Penny Carson is born to Charlotte and her husband, Kyle.
- Diane graduated high school and begins attending Boston University for Literature and Equine Studies. At some point her doctor puts her on Prozac, but she goes off it as she hates the effect it has on her mind and body.
- Joseph Sugarman dies (presumably) of natural causes.
- Beatrice visits BoJack to give him a painting from his grandfather.
- December: Butterscotch impregnates the Horsemans maid and nursing student, Henrietta Platchkey. After he finds out, he begs Beatrice to talk her out of it, even breaking down crying saying to do it for the poor girl. Beatrice tells Henrietta theyll pay her tuition if she gives the baby up for adoption. Henrietta refuses at first, but she reluctantly agrees after Beatrice insists that she doesnt want this, and to not let "that man" poison her life and to not do what she did.
- Mr. Peanutbutter marries actress Jessica Beil.
- September 24th: Hollyhock Manheim-Mannheim-Guerrero-Robinson-Zilberschlag-Hsung-Fonzerelli-McQuack is born to Henrietta Platchkey. Beatrice is with Henrietta when she gives birth, although she refuses to let her hold the baby so she wont get attached, despite Henriettas desperate pleas. She is later adopted by a group of eight gay men living in a polyamorous relationship.
- Sextina Aquafina is born.
- Sarah Lynn releases her debut album, I Am Sarah Lynn, launching her music career.
- Diane graduates Boston University. She relocates to Los Angeles sometime after this.
- Kevin Adultman, who is apparently the son of Vincent Adultman, is born.
- October 31st: Mr. Peanutbutter goes to BoJack Horseman's house with his wife Jessica Biel for the annual Halloween party. He promises he wont let her see any mummies, as shes terrified of them to die not getting a role in The Mummy. However, he fails to stop her seeing Bo Jack dressed as a toilet paper mummy due to him wearing a notebook outfit and cannot fit though the door. Jessica is terrified, and after she yells at Mr. Peanutbutter the party ends.
- The BoJack Horseman Show premieres, only to flop.
- Jessica Beil leaves Mr. Peanutbutter for Justin Timberlake.
- Diane is now a Starbucks barista and part time caterer, alongside her best friend Roxy and then-boyfriend Wade. She Mr Peanutbutter meet and begin dating shortly afterwards.
- Sarah Lynn is at the height of her popularity and is on her successful Sexually Confident Virgin tour, although her metal health is taking a toll due to the pressures of fame and people using her. BoJack visits her after one of her concerts only to ask her to be on his failing sitcom, which saddens her, as he is yet another person in her life using her for her fame.
- October 31st: Butterscotch Horseman dies of an accidental head injury during a pistol duel with another man who gave his book a negative review.
- Mr. Peanutbutter attends the Halloween party at BoJack Horseman's house with his girlfriend, Diane Nguyen. Although Diane brielfy met Bojack during this party, he never remembers meeting her, and she never corrects him when he believes they first meet a few years later.
- Todd Chavez shows up at BoJacks house during a party. He ends up living on BoJacks couch for several years.
- J.D. Salinger fakes his own death.
- After being told that Disneyland did not exist due to a typo on the copyright, Todd begins construction of Disneyland.
- The D is stolen from the Hollywood sign. This leads to the town being renamed Hollywoo.
- Mr. Peanutbutter and Diane Nguyen get married.
- A biography of BoJack Horseman, titled One Trick Pony, is released. Though stylized as a memoir, it is ghostwritten by Diane Nguyen. It wins a Golden Globe.
- Herb Kazzaz dies as the result of a freak accident involving a peanut truck and his allergies.
- J.D. Salinger creates the show Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities: What Do They Know? Do They Know Things?? Let's Find Out! He ends it after a single season.
- The Secretariat, a film based on the life of the racehorse of the same name, is released. The film is widely praised.
- February 28th: Sarah Lynn dies as a result of a drug overdose.
- BoJack Horseman disappears for the larger part of a year, and stays at an old family summer home in Michigan.
- Hollyhock tries contacting Bo Jack, believing he might be her father
- Due to a series of events involving a Ski Race, an election is held for the position of Governor of California. The incumbent, Woodchuck-Coodchuck Berkowitz, wins against Jessica Biel.
- Guns are completely banned in California.
- A bridge connecting California to Hawaii is built.
- September: Mr. Peanutbutter and Diane Nguyen's divorce is finalized. The former begins dating Pickles Aplenty.
- Mid October: Beatrice Horseman dies of natural causes.
- October 31st: Mr. Peanutbutter attends the Halloween party at BoJack Horseman's house with his girlfriend, Pickles Aplenty.
- The web television series Philbert premieres online through WhatTimeIsItNow.com. Despite the success of Season 1, it is eventually canceled during the production of Season 2.
- After the troublesome production of Philbert, BoJack Horseman spends about six months at Pastiches Malibu Rehabilitation Center.
- BoJack Horseman becomes Drama Professor at Wesleyan University.
- Early in the year, the full story of Sarah Lynn's death is revealed to the press. This, alongside an interview with Biscuits Braxby, completely turn the public opinion against Bojack Horseman.
- BoJack Horseman attempts suicide by drowning. He is sentenced to fourteen months in prison for breaking and entering
- Princess Carolyn and Judah are married. Guy and Diane also got married shortly before them